At Gel Group we are proud of our continual strive to exceed your expectations.
As would be expected from a leader in the recruitment industry, we are dedicated and determined to continually improve our already high level of service and add value by working in partnership with all our clients. We listen to industry needs and tailor-make solutions.
Our range of services have been specifically designed to assist with your recruitment needs. We think of ourselves as an extension of your human resources management team or, for small businesses, your human resources advisor.
Our highly specialised strategic partners ensure the range of services we offer are of an impeccably high standard and, if applicable, totally independent from our recruitment operations.
Click here to find our more about our value added services which include:
- Psychometric Assessment
- Salary Appraisal
- Salary Benchmarking
- Outplacement Service
In today’s demanding working environment, psychological assessments have become a critical component of the recruitment process.
Research has shown that well constructed, relevant psychometric instruments predict job performance better than most other common selection measures such as interviews and references.
Gel Group, through CareersMultiList and other partners, provides Leading Edge Psychometric Assessment. Put simply, Psychometric instruments are powerful tools used to enhance the quality and quantity of information available for selection processes.
Psychological Assessments provided;
- Objective Candidate Evaluation
- Identify Candidate potential
- Identify best culture fit
- Reduce risk
All Psychological Assessments are Validated and approved by the RCSA
There are a number of psychometric Assessments and among those coordinated by Gel Group are -
General Assessment and Reports:
- Suitable for the general population, 16 years old and over.
- The assessment focuses on general availability and if the potential employee’s personality will fit your organisation’s business culture.
Specialist Assessments and Reports:
- Suitable for graduates and sales, technical and clerical vacancies.
- Tailor-made to suit the vacancy you are wishing to fill, the test assesses a number of areas including core ability and personality and cultural fit.
Executive Assessments and Reports:
- Particularly applicable for middle and senior management vacancies.
- A comprehensive assessment of the potential candidate’s full management style is included in this test and include standard components such as personality and cultural fit.
Why should I use a Psychometric Assessment ?
Psychometric or psychological appraisal measures various aspects of a person’s character make-up.
Typically, and as recommended by Gel Group, psychometric assessment is not carried out in isolation but rather an integral component of the whole process of employing someone.
Perhaps the best way to describe the ideal candidate is to think of three key areas - Skill Proficiency, Personality Trait and Competency.
The key element is first to understand the requirements of the job. Any evaluation ideally needs to be set against a set of criteria or a benchmark otherwise you may not recognise the right person. Secondly, a structured, competency based interview (asking for specific examples of relevant behaviour in previous jobs) is acknowledged as having the broadest "validity" of usefulness in the selection process.
Gel Group recommends psychometric assessments be conducted after a candidate has been interviewed and they appear suitable for the vacancy.
All psychometric assessments conducted by Gel Group are designed to match a candidate’s psychological profile to the job vacancy and are personally interpreted by a qualified and registered psychologist – within 48 hours.
Candidates also receive free telephone feedback from a specialised Gel Group recruitment advisor.
Gel Group’s strategic partnership with Prove It! gives you opportunity to take advantage of our cost-effective PC Based and Online product solutions.
- Finance/Accounting - Comprised in this package are tests for accounts receivable, accounts payable and bookkeeping.
- Information Technology - Included in this package is a comprehensive range of IT assessments specifically designed to assess system administration to C++ and cold fusion to Novell Netware.
- Administrative and Clerical Skills - Assessments in this package have been tailor-made to assess a candidate’s accuracy and speed.
Click here if you would like a qualified Gel Group recruitment adviser to contact you and provide more information about what is contained in each of these assessment packages.